It’s hard to believe this is my second Thanksgiving Day blog post. A year ago today, I shared stories of athletes who inspire and are making a difference one mile at a time. While there’s no shortage of inspirational athletes to fill up a blog post, today I’m taking a different approach on this national day of gratitude.
I started my blog in July 2014 and it couldn’t have happened without the support of a dedicated crew. So, in the spirit of the day, I want to acknowledge the people who helped make it happen—those who brought my ideas to life and continue to push me forward:
- My brother—this website would never have happened without him. He was relentless in encouraging me to start a blog. He wouldn’t stop until I finally said, “okay, I’ll do it!” And I’m glad he never stopped.
- Nancy, my patient and talented web coder extraordinaire. She is the one “behind the scenes” who transfers my crazy ideas into web reality. She also loves elephants and has given me another important cause to support.
- Dan, my graphics whiz. The logos and other graphics you see here are thanks to him. He just finished my Small Change logo and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. My 404 Error Message image will always make me smile.
- My talented photographer friend, Christopher, who is responsible for many of the photos featured on my blog and social media channels. Let’s just say he makes magic happen with the camera.
- The curious and inquisitive who have taken the time to learn more about me and the Small Change initiative. Thank you for your kind words.
- Dad. Poor dad. Not only does he have to put up with all of my whining about not having high web traffic, but he’s also my de facto copy editor. He has an amazing ability to catch typos and mistakes.
- Mom—my unconditional cheerleader and Small Change traveler. She encourages me to always think BIG and tries to convince me I don’t need a job, I can just start my own business.
- Everyone who has joined the Small Change movement and has given back to their race and adventure cities. Your support means so much to me.
- The Small Change Beneficiaries—the nonprofits that keep our communities healthy and thriving. Thank you for all you do.
- My Small Change partners—I’m excited to have you on board and I can’t wait until we ramp things up in 2016. I have several other partnerships brewing and I can’t wait to share more!
- All of my friends who continue to support me and won’t let me give up. There’s too many to name here, but you know who you are.
- A big shout-out must go to my social media friends who promote my blog, share my updates, and inspire me with your stories. #ThankYou.
- My running shoes – where would I be without you?
- My acupuncturist and massage therapists. Thank you for keep me running up mountains, which gives me the inspiration and stories for my blog.
- And finally, you, whoever you are, reading my blog post today.
When I started writing today’s post, I thought I’d have maybe seven people to acknowledge, but my gratitude kept flowing. And flowing. It’s clear that success rarely comes through individual acts, but rather through a mighty, collective team, which reminds me of a quote by the Helen Keller, “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”