We all love endurance sports—for some it may be a marathon, a challenging bike ride, or a hike in one of our beautiful wilderness areas. Whatever sport moves you, one thing we all have in common is the need for performance nutrition to keep us going. However, one of the downsides of fueling on the go is accidental top drops.
“Seeing gel tops and packages on our trails and roads is one of our biggest concerns,” said Brian Gillis, marketing communications manager at GU, “which is why we’ve teamed up with Adventures in Thumbholes to host a fun contest aimed at preventing top drops.”
Eating an energy gel on the go doesn’t need to be sticky business or result in fly-away tops if you follow the 3/4 Gel Top Approach. So, here’s your chance to showcase your favorite GU flavor—be it Salted Carmel, Maple Bacon, Espresso Love, or whatever flavor keeps you moving—while keeping our trails and roads clean one top drop at a time. Bonus—you may win some cool swag from GU!
#StashYourTrash Contest Details:
- Snap a picture of your gel package showing a 3/4 top tear while exercising
- Post it in the comments section of GU’s contest post on Facebook with the hashtag #StashYourTrash (or post it to your Instagram or Twitter accounts using the same hashtag)
- Contest runs from April 4–April 18
- One grand prize winner will receive a 15-serving energy gel, GU flask, hat, and water bottle
- Three runner-ups will receive a box of gels of their choice and a GU water bottle
By photographing your gel package with the top still attached and posting it online, you’re spreading the word about the importance to #StashYourTrash as a way to keep our play areas litter free!
Winners will be selected at random from all entries. Contest runs April 4-April 18. Winners will be contacted on or after April 18 by the method in which photo was submitted. All submissions may be shared online through GU or Adventures in Thumbholes blog and social media channels.