There’s no shortage to the number of communities that annually open their trails, roads, and doors to runners near and far. Our visits leave an impact on these communities, so let’s make sure it’s a positive one by joining together for Small Change.
The Small Change initiative was founded by a runner like you to encourage donations to local organizations making a difference in the places we visit for our races and other adventures. As long as we are passionate about running and adventure travel, there will be races and places to visit—so there’s no end to the number of organizations we can impact. Together, our Small Change can add up to something good for communities.
The map highlights organizations that have benefited from the goodness of runners and travelers. Click on the boot icons to explore the donation stories and then share the story of your Small Change donation. Be sure to “zoom out” on the map to see what’s hiding.
How it Works for Runners & Travelers
- Choose an organization meaningful to you in your race or travel destination
- Donate any amount you choose directly to the organization
- Fill out the Small Change form and share the following:
- Your name*
- Race or adventure
- Organization you selected and why
- Brief description of organization
- Amount donated
*Your Small Change story can be anonymous
The Impact of Your Story
Many nonprofits struggle for awareness and publicity, so your Small Change story will continue to benefit the organization, bringing them recognition and the opportunity for more donations.
- Once you submit your Small Change story, the organization will be featured here
- The organization will be promoted on Adventures in Thumbhole’s social media channels (Twitter, Facebook)
- All Small Change stories will be highlighted in blog posts throughout the year.