- Race: Smith Rock Ascent 15-Mile
- Location: Smith Rock State Park (Terrebonne, OR)
- Organization: Deschutes Land Trust
- Why I donated: Given the race takes place in beautiful Smith Rock State Park, I wanted to support an organization with a conservation focus. My former boss (and mentor) was on the board of a local land trust for many years and frequently shared with me the value and importance of land trusts. So, when I saw that my race destination has an active land trust, I didn’t hesitate to donate to this important organization.
- Amount Donated: $25
- Small Change Traveler: Thumbholes
About Deschutes Land Trust
The Deschutes Land Trust conserves and protects land in Central Oregon and currently cares for more than 8,700 acres in the region. The Land Trust works with landowners who voluntarily want to conserve their land for today, tomorrow and for generations to come. The organization also hosts a variety of hikes and events for the community, as well as volunteer opportunities.