- Race: White Salmon Backyard Half
- Location: White Salmon, WA
- Organization: Friends of the Columbia Gorge
- Why I donated: Given that the race takes place in the beautiful Columbia Gorge, I wanted to support an organization that is dedicated to protecting and taking care of one my favorite places to run.
- Amount Donated: $15
- Small Change Runner: Thumbholes
About Friends of the Columbia Gorge
Friends of the Columbia Gorge is a 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1980 to push for federal protection of the Columbia River Gorge. In 1986, Friends helped secure the passage of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area Act to create comprehensive Gorge protection consistent across six counties and two states.
Since passage of the National Scenic Area Act, Friends has helped work to ensure over 38,000 acres of private land has been brought into public ownership; commented on 300+ development applications in the Gorge per year; and educated the public about the Gorge with over 60 free hikes annually.