- Race: Pikes Peak Marathon
- Location: Manitou Spring, CO
- Organization: Safe Place for Pets
- Why I donated: First, let me just address the elephant in the room—I won’t be conquering Pikes this year (read my blog post to find out why). Regardless, it was still important for me to support the Pikes community and I chose Safe Place for Pets. Why? I LOVE animals (particularly dogs) and I love what this organization does—a truly important and inspiring mission.
- Amount Donated: $20
- Small Change Runner: Thumbholes
About Safe Place for Pets
Safe Place for Pets finds forever homes for pets of terminally ill people. The organization is 100% volunteer-driven and locally-based. They honor donors by efficiently using 85 cents of every dollar towards the care and support of the pets.