- Race: Ultra-Trail Australia 50km
- Location: Blue Mountains, Australia
- Organization: Indigenous Marathon Foundation
- Why I donated: To acknowledge the original custodians of the incredible landscapes I ran through and indigenous peoples to have the same access to the amazing experience I had.
- Amount Donated: $20
- Small Change Runner: Naomi
Indigenous Marathon Foundation
Indigenous Marathon Foundation uses the marathon as a vehicle to promote healthy lifestyles to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. The project annually selects a group of young Indigenous men and women to complete the New York City Marathon with just six months of training. This highlights the incredible natural talent that exists within this population, with the hope to one day unearth an Indigenous long distance running champion to take on the African dominance. Runners are also trained to become healthy lifestyle leaders by completing a Certificate III in Fitness with a focus on Indigenous Healthy Lifestyle. This qualification is used to promote community based health and exercise initiatives to address the high instance of chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and renal failure.