- Race: Smith Rock Ascent (15-miler)
- Location: Smith Rock State Park (Terrebonne, OR)
- Organization: Oregon Wild
- Why I donated: Donald Trump’s pick for cabinet positions and subsequent bills introduced have left many of us concerned with what it all means for the environment and the places where we adventure, be it for a trail run, hike, or any number of outdoor activities. Now more than ever, we need to support organizations that are fighting and working hard to protect and preserve our wildplaces.
- Amount Donated: $20
- Small Change Adventurer: Thumbholes
Oregon Wild (formerly the Oregon Natural Resources Council or ONRC) has been instrumental in securing permanent legislative protection for some of Oregon’s most precious landscapes, including nearly 1.7 million acres of Wilderness, 95,000 acres of forests in Bull Run/Little Sandy watersheds (to safeguard the quality of Portland’s water supply) and almost 1,800 miles of Wild and Scenic River designations. As a leader of the national grassroots charge for conservation of roadless areas in our National Forests, Oregon Wild helped secure administrative protections for more than 58 million acres of spectacular roadless areas across the country.